Sunday, May 14, 2006

Write the good stuff too!

In reading this blog, I'm realizing that I only tend to write when I'm very wound up or when it is something Sir has asked me to write. Since I tend to write when I'm insecure or otherwise not feeling positive about how things are going, I'm going to make more of an effort to blog the good times too.

We're approaching a return to good times. I was able to chat with Sir briefly before he had to get to sleep tonight. He's still struggling with his "bad funk"; however, when I offered a simple listening ear, he didn't turn me down. He simply said he wasn't quite ready to talk yet. He is making the effort to communicate, even if it is brief.

Perhaps it is because when I get depressed, I become very withdrawn and try very hard to be self-sufficient, but I am very appreciative of these efforts to communicate. I'm trying to give him the time he needs.

Fellahere, your point about honoring our bond has been very helpful. I've also been working hard at refocusing that rehearsal portion of my brain. I am making a conscious effort to rehearse what I will do when Sir and I play next, not how it will all come crashing down. It is really having an effect on my stability. Thank you!

2 comments:

WistfulWench said...

Kneeling, I'm happy to hear that things are getting better for you!

Sometimes, just knowing that they're trying does make it easier, doesn't it? Hopefully, both of you can learn to lean on each other when you're down. Having someone who can share those times with you seems to make them pass so much quicker.

Sending you hugs!

fellahere said...

Kneeling, your last sentences were very amazing. Visualize success.

I've been thinking this... when two can focus solely on each other the picture is so much more clear to both.

Your situation has seemed to have other forces and distractions.

If I say things that help You and you Both, it's (to some degree) my own hindsight.

I wished to find myself clear of work, and other humans, and step into a clearer and appreciative perspective, to accept this One and give all that I have in my time, my spirit & soul to her.

My total enemy was work, my job.

And, of course, being a Sir, the One, a good one... it's not simple.

Be good.