Friday, April 21, 2006

Tagged!

Well, I was tagged by Spring, so here is my list of 10 things I'm happy/thankful to have.

  1. L, my love, my partner, my life. Wednesday was our 14th anniversary. It's been a long hard road to get here sometimes, but it was all worth it. I'm especially thankful that she is willing to push herself outside her comfort zone to allow me to explore this lifestyle.
  2. Sir. I am honestly amazed and a wee bit scared at my luck in finding him. To have such an amazing man, who I can trust so thoroughly, be the very first message I get when I set up my profiles, is just not how the game is supposed to work! Not that I'm complaining! He pushes me, cares for me, tells me how he feels, and tells me what he likes. These are all things I need so very much.
  3. To have so many people I truly consider my friends that I just haven't had a chance to meet yet, all the bloggers that I read, both here and on alt. I've come to care very much for all of you, and learned so much too!
  4. The most adorable nieces and nephew on the planet, who consistently provide me with hysterically funny stories to bore others with.
  5. My job. I have a fantastic boss, who appreciates all that I do and tells me so regularly. She makes it obvious that what I do makes a difference in our office, and I value that.
  6. This may seem weird, but our house. It is so nice to have a house that works for how we live our life. I have a room I get to call "the library" (okay it's also a guest room)! We just spent most of the winter putting in new floors and doing all the work that cascades from that. It looks beautiful and makes me happy every time I walk in the door.
  7. My puppies. Okay, the youngest is going to be 10 soon, but my pets are such lifelines to me sometimes. They may drive me nuts (in, out, in, out, in, out), but they cuddle with me, give kisses, and even let me stick my ice cold toes under them. pssst -- don't tell Shiva she's actually a cat!
  8. The rest of my friends. Even though H has moved half way across the country, we still talk whenever we can. B makes me laugh all the time, and M listens to me when I need to whine. The M2 is wonderfully snuggly and affectionate and makes me giggle. I do miss A, but hopefully soon that harpy he's dating will go nuts again and I'll have my friend back.
  9. The right to raise my voice in protest, the responsibility to communicate with my representatives in government, the ability to do something, no matter how small.
  10. My books. I would go stark raving mad without my books.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Great list!

Spring, Ph.D. said...

That's an excellent list! :)