Monday, August 28, 2006

Happiness is ...

Being able to sit at his feet again, listening to the music and just talking. Making dinner for him, and cleaning up the kitchen with him. Something has finally convinced him to let me help, at least a little bit. I stopped by to see him yesterday on my way to work at the State Fair. I barely stayed an hour, but oh it made me happy to just sit and pet him.

Tonight, I went over and taught him how to make my tuna pasta salad. Again, I was only there for a couple of hours, but now, I'm feeling much more at peace with where things are at. I no longer fear that he'll drift out of my life. It hasn't been an easy summer, but I made it. Now, I have hope that we've made it too.

The energy for the overt D/s dynamic isn't there right now, but honestly, I'm okay with that. I can believe that when the time is right, that will return too.

It is so reassuring to know that this time, my heart and my intuition were right.
These feelings, this connection, they were not just in my imagination. Tonight, as I sat at his feet, my head on his knee, inhaling the scent of him again, I nearly cried with joy. My heart feels whole again.

1 comment:

WistfulWench said...

It's so nice to hear that things are going better for you! I've been thinking of you often and wondering how you are doing....

Hold that peaceful heart as long as you can, sweetie!